Ortco was founded in 1956 by Homer O’Haver in Sour Lake, Texas which was located just north of Beaumont, Texas. For the next several years the town of Sour Lake served as Ortco’s original home, that is until 1971 when Ortco moved it’s operation to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in a small metal building on 25th. street. Bill Newton assumed control of Ortco in 1978 and now operates from it’s 30,000 square foot manufacturing/warehouse location on 25th street.
Ortco Incorporated acquired 100% of SOS Oilfield Products. SOS Oilfield Products is a global reseller of Oil Field Equipment and has been in business for over 9 years, this move will increase Ortco’s product line as well as expand Ortco’s customers and sales. Ortco has moved all of SOS Oilfield Products to it’s headquarters in Oklahoma City.
In 2005 Ortco bought out Tranco which was a small machine based shop in Oklahoma City. This acquisition allowed Ortco develop and design various new products.